UGC NET JRF Scholarship 2024 – Amount, Rules, Guidelines, Eligibility, Status. Check UGC JRF Scholarship / Fellowship Complete Details.
UGC NET JRF Scholarship 2024 Rules
There are many scholarships launched by the government for the development and improvement of the education system. For the higher studies, there are very few schemes launched by the government. There are many difficulties in the path of the students who are studying in higher studies out of all the main problem is the shortage of money. So in order to pursue education for higher education to the weaker section of the society. The government has launched the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has started a scheme for the students who have qualified the exam for the National Eligibility Testing (NET). The Scheme is named as the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The Candidate who have qualified the exam of NET of the UGC and the UGC-Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) joint test.
About Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Scholarship
The main objective of the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) scheme is to provide the advanced studies and research leading to M.Phil/Ph.D. degree to the candidates who have qualified NET. The Scheme is for the candidates who are going for higher studies such as Degrees in Humanities and Social Sciences including Languages and Sciences.
Benefits for JRF Scholarship
The main motive of the JRF is clearly shown that it was formed for the help of the students for higher education. The JRF is helping in many ways out of which financial help is most applauded by the students. The financial help provided by the JRF is mentioned below.
- Fellows working as Junior Research Fellowship got 25000 per month for two years.
- The fellow working as Senior means after 2 years the get 28000 for three years by JRF.
- The Candidate who pursues M.Phil/Ph.D. in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences including Languages get the scholarship in the prize money of 10000 per annum for two years and then they got 20500 for the next three years.
- The Candidate who pursues M.Phil/Ph.D. in the field of Science got the Prize money of 12000 per annum for two years and got the prize money of 25000 per annum for the next three years.
JRF also helps the students in providing better living facilities like the hostel and housing rent during the time period of Degree Course.
Eligibility Criteria for JRF Scholarship 2024
- The candidate should have passed the NET exam.
- The candidate should pursue admission to the M.Phil/Ph.d.
- The candidate should have scored the marks 55% marks in the master’s degree or in any other equivalent degree.
- If the candidate from SC/ST and OBC then 5% relaxation is also given.
- The age of the candidate is also fixed for 30 years.
- For SC/ST 5 years age relaxation is also given.
- Three years of age relaxation is also given to OBC category students.
For More Information Visit the official website Click Here.